Sunday, May 14, 2023

I won’t repost (which I did during the Covid lockdown) my personal library of books on Cambodia


I won’t repost (which I did during the Covid lockdown) my personal library of books on Cambodia, which totals more than 400, but I will shamelessly plug two books. After I wrote a bunch of articles on Cambodia for the original To Asia With Love - A Connoisseurs' Guide to Cambodia, Laos, Thailand & Vietnam, under the direction of series editor Kim Fay, which came out in 2004, she asked me to edit and produce my own book, To Cambodia With Love - A Travel Guide for the Connoisseur, that we finally published at the end of 2010. It could’ve come out a couple of years earlier at least – don’t ask why, it’s a long story! It was definitely a labour of love though I was indebted to my amazing contributors, 64 of them, for their inspiring stories and special moments from a country we all love. People like Loung Ung, Dawn Rooney, Karen Coates, Denise Heywood, Nick Ray, Geoff Ryman and Ray Zepp among others gave me their time and their secrets to include in the 240-page book. I will be eternally grateful to Kim Fay for her trust in me, photographer Tewfic El-Sawy, and to our publishers, ThingsAsian Press.

No comments:

Post a Comment